PHOTO:Harry Kane:I would sacrifice my Golden Boot to finish above Arsenal



The England international enjoyed a sensational campaign this term, scoring 25 goals in 28 appearances to finish as top scorer.

Last five Golden Boot winners (goals)

2011/12 – Robin van Persie (30)
2012/13 – Robin van Persie (26)
2013/14 – Luis Suarez (31)
2014/15 – Sergio Aguero (26)
2015/16 – Harry Kane (25)


Kane, 22, is the first Spurs player since Teddy Sheringham in 1992/93 to win the award, but he has said he would gladly swap it for a better finishing position for the club.

‘It would have been nicer to have won the Golden Boot on a better day, that’s for sure,’ Kane is quoted in the Guardian.


‘It’s a personal achievement and it’s something I’m proud of but if I had the choice between winning or having the Golden Boot, I’d rather have won. For me, it’s a little bit of a good feeling but overall I’m gutted we haven’t finished the season off strong.

‘When people think Arsenal had a bad season and we’ve had a good one, yet they still finish above us, it hurts.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits