PHOTO:Wayne Rooney refutes claims of unrest in England camp says they had faith in the Coach!



Following the humiliating defeat to Iceland, they were reports of unrest and lack of players confidence in English coach Roy Hodgson.

But the England captain Wayne Rooney has completely refutes such claim, saying they were all behind the coach at all times and trusted his judgments

He was quoted to have said:



 ‘In response to recent media reports, I’d like to say that [suggestions senior players lost faith in the manager are] completely untrue,’ the statement, released to Press Association Sport, reads.

 ‘On behalf of the players, we completely supported the England manager but we understand his reasons for stepping down. We had absolute faith in the build-up and throughout the tournament.’

Hodgson was in a bullish mood as he fronted up the media on Tuesday, once again reiterating his belief that England have a bright future, while he volunteered to help in the recruitment of his own successor.

‘I don’t think before last night’s game that the performances had given me any real causes for concern,’ Hodgson explained at Tuesday’s hastily arranged press conference.

‘I did not see that performance coming. Iceland were the better team on the night.

‘I have been privileged to work for [the FA] and I enjoy working with them. I will be of assistance to them if they would like my help. I wish the next England ma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits