PHOTO:Mikel Obi: my Rio Olympic dream was to come home with a gold medal, but bronze was what i got at the end...bronze is amazing still...

The so called Dream team Captain who was unable to motivate the team and show leadership in most of the games, especially the game against Germany in the Semi finals in the just concluded Rio Olympic games, John Obi Mikel, feels they should have gotten gold!...like seriously?...oh please my nuts hurts so bad from this ridiculous joke...what a comedian! Even the sport minister can do better...

The player was quoted to have said:

 “When I woke up in my hotel room on Sunday morning, I opened my eyes to see my Olympic bronze medal lying there beside me. “It just hammered Captain Mikel home to me what I had achieved with the rest of my Nigeria team-mates the day before.”


 “We conceded two late goals and all of a sudden it looked like everything was going downhill. They made us sweat a bit and we were relieved to come out victorious. 

“I was obviously very clear before travelling to Brazil that my target was the gold medal. 


But to get the bronze is still an amazing achievement. “It was great to have something to show for it and we all thanked each other. “I went to sleep last night with my medal beside me; I couldn’t and didn’t want to let it out of my sight.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits