PHOTO:Jose Mourinho – If the job of replacing Alex Ferguson was tough for David Moyes and Van Gaal, not for me

Manchester United are set to face former coach, David Moyes’s Sunderland on boxing day, as he makes a return to the club. after his sack from the club in 2014...

He was United's coach for just 10 months, after his quest to succeed Sir Alex was greeted with a run of poor results, before his eventual sack...same fate greeted Van Gaal...then the arrival of the former 'special one'....

While speaking on the game and Moyes return to old Trafford, new Manager Jose Mourinho spoke about David Moyes’s Sunderland, Alex Ferguson and how it is difficult to replace and achieve what Ferguson did at United...This was what he had to say:
“I don’t feel it as a burden,”
 “I feel the great history of the club as only a positive thing and not a negative thing.
“The problem is if you have the conditions to follow that success and history. And then that’s a different story.
“For me it was easy. A difficult job, but easy to feel at home. Easy to feel good in the club, easy to feel that the club wants to progress, the people want to be happy again and I felt good immediately.
 “So, after five or six months here, I’m really feeling at home. For me it was quite easy.
 “Obviously expectations are high, results are up and down, and we’re in a position that is not the position we want to be.
“But in terms of passion for my work, passion for my new club, and feeling really happy here, yes.”
Jose Mourinho and David Moyes  inherited an ageing squad from Ferguson,and alos was Louis Van Gaal, who later brought in some young talents , but unfortunately they all did not turn up to do the job, which eventually led to the sack of Van Gaal....
Jose speaking on this (ageing squad) said:
 “It’s one thing to have Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Ryan Giggs and Nicky Butt, all those guys at 25, 26, 27,”
“It’s another thing to have them at 31 or 32, another thing if it doesn’t happen. Obviously that plays a part, so there are generations and in a certain period, when “At the same time - I think this is even more important - the Premier League was changing.
“I knew the evolution of the Premier League and that periods of domination belonged to the past, because it was going already in an incredible direction and it is what it is now.
 “But I think a manager who’s not sacked is not a manager, or at least is not a good manager. We have to be sacked.
“So I think it was just a bad moment in David’s career and he has to do what I did, what we all do, move on and he did that.
“After United he went to Spain, also a different experience for him, then back to England, back in the Premier League. He moved on and this is what we have to do.”
 “I don’t like to compare [clubs],” said Mourinho.
“When I leave clubs I close the door, a chapter, I wish them goodbye and I try to be happy too.
 “What I can say is that in here I felt people with open arms, a very calm and intelligent board and owners. They know what they want. They have big experience already.
“They’re very calm, very pragmatic and giving me good conditions to work in.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits