PHOTO: 'I have a special affection for the people at Chelsea, but Atletico Madrid is my home'- Diego Costa speaks

After finally forcing his way out of Chelsea to his former club Atletico Madrid, in a transfer fee of £57million which could still rise to £62million with other add-ons, outcast striker, Diego Costa finally speaks on his transfer.

The Spanish striker who landed in Madrid, where he is to undergo his medicals to finalize his move to the club, said he is happy he is back home, while also insisting there was no love lost with Chelsea. He said:

"Atletico Madrid is my home and here I am,"
 "I am very happy.

"The negotiations went on too long, but there was a happy ending in the end.
"Now I'm waiting to see my teammates and to train.

"You always become a little nervous when time drag on, but [Atletico chief executive] Miguel Angel Gil put in lots of effort and I'm grateful."

On Chelsea fans and management, he said:
"I don't want to have an ungrateful attitude towards Chelsea because I was also very happy there and played in a great team," he told reporters.

"I didn't want [my departure] to unfold as it did.
"I have a special affection for the people at Chelsea."
On his fitness, he said:

"I am not as unfit as some have been saying," he stated.
"We also have [fitness coach] Profe Ortega here, so he'll get me sharp.

"I'm not scared of the scales, only of his training sessions!
"There won't be a lack of determination on my part and I'll give my best, as has always been the case.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits