PHOTO:Sprained ankle, Tyson Fury withdraws from heavyweight title rematch with Wladimir Klitschko



According to report Tyson Fury has withdrawn from his world heavyweight championship rematch with Wladimir Klitschko after suffering an ankle injury.
 
The world champion was running in the Lake District when he sprained his ankle, meaning he will be out of training for between six and seven weeks.



He announced the postponement of the July 9 bout in Manchester, when the WBO, WBA and IBO belts were on the line, via a video posted on his Instagram account. 

Fury said in the short clip: 'Hey guys, I've got a little bit of bad news for you all,

'About 10 days ago I was running in the Lake District and I went over on my ankle and sprained my ankle.

'I've been to the hospital had MRI scans X-Rays and all that sort of stuff.
'Its not broken but its badly sprained. Been told to keep off it for six or seven weeks.

'I tried to still train a bit, had a second opinion a week later and I've had the same advice so the fight will be being postponed.

'I'm sorry to all my fans to let you all down, but injuries do happen and its one of them things.

'Apologies to everybody who's booked dates and whatever.

'But the fight will be on as soon as possible, that's all I know at this moment but the fights still going ahead as soon as the ankle gets better we will reschedule. Thank you all and god bless.' 


Peter Fury afterwards tweeted that a new date for the contest would be announced imminently. 
Fury - nicknamed 'The Gypsy King' - ended Klitschko's decade-long reign as world champion with a stunning unanimous points victory at the Esprit Arena in Dusseldorf, Germany back in November.

The 27-year-old Mancunian, who entered the contest as definite underdog, outsmarted the veteran 40-year-old champion with a daring display.

Fury's win came after weeks of tit-for-tat verbals between the two fighters, a war of words and mind games that has only continued after Klitschko activated a rematch clause pretty much immediately. 

This escalated this week when Klitschko compared Fury to Adolf Hitler for his anti-Semitic, homophobic and sexist views, before vowing to 'shut Fury down' when the rematch occurs.

Speaking from his training camp in Austria, Klitschko said: 'I was in shock at his statements about women and the gay community. But when he got to the Jewish people he sounded like Hitler. I am fighting a guy who can't hold his mouth. He is an imbecile. Seriously. We have an imbecile as world heavyweight champion.

'In this crazy world we live in we don't need someone using this great stage to bring hate to the Jewish people. I cannot accept that. We are one society.

'It puts our sport in the wrong spot. As champion he represents not only himself but so many other people, including all the fans of boxing.

'When I beat him I will not only be doing Klitschko fans and boxing fans in general a favour but also the British fans.


'We cannot have a champion who creates the friction which generates hate. After women, gays and Jewish people, what next?

'He is probably mentally sick and either he needs to be shut up in the ring or suspended.' 
However, in an Instagram video posted earlier on Friday, Fury struck back, saying: 'This is a message for Vladimir Klitschko. You recently said I'm like Hitler. 

'Wladimir has no education in the matter. He does not realise Hitler killed hundreds of thousands of gypsies, if not millions.

'A lot of my ancestors were mass-murdered by Hitler. To call me that is a very, very bad insult, friend. If you want to go into it that way we can both play silly ****s, can't we.'

Fury continued:

 'A lot of my ancestors were killed and murdered, brutally mass murdered, by Hitler. For you to call me that is a very bad insult.

'Let's not forget your people, the Ukrainians, were the guards in the death camps where my people were slaughtered. You stupid f****** Ukrainian p****.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits