PHOTO:Roma Spalletti- I never had any run-in with Francesco Totti!

Francesco Totti’s fallout at Roma continues, with the latest reports stating that the striker got into an argument that turned physical with manager Luciano Spalletti.

Spalletti denied the claims and it is believed he met with both Totti and club executives to discuss the matter.


According to reports, the two got into a heated exchange in the dressing room following Roma’s 3-3 draw with Atalanta over the weekend, a match in which Totti scored a late equalizer off the bench.
When Spalletti began to rip into his team for dropping a 2-0 lead, Totti spoke up. Spalletti then reportedly answered “You shut up. You’re not the one to talk, when you go around the rooms playing cards until 2am!” before shoving the striker.
Spalletti then issued a statement denying the claims.
What I read has surprised me a great deal, seeing as I was sent off for dissent and therefore did not go into the tunnel with my players.
I waited for the players in the locker room and obviously had some things to say, seeing as I was not happy with the way the game went.
I categorically deny there was an argument or even worse a physical confrontation with any of my players. I do not lay my hands on my players.
When you take a look at the Roma record books, Francesco Totti’s name dominates the list. He leads the club in all-time appearances (753) and goals (300). To compare, Daniele De Rossi is second in appearances (515), and Roberto Pruzzo is second in goals (136).
Totti has only played for one club throughout his career, making his Roma debut way back in 1993. However, now at the age of 39, he is no longer the same player that was named Serie A Footballer of the Year a record five times.
It has been widely reported that Totti will retire or seek a move to Major League Soccer next season, as his contract expires at Roma in the summer .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits