PHOTO:Deal closed! Formula One sold to US media gaint Liberty for £3.3BILLION deal!

I have been following this news for weeks, and thought it would happen soon, but seem to be taking much time...when I decided to look away for a bit, bang! It happened...it was for just £3.3bn!...

I don’t know who is getting a good deal here, but when you look at it again, I feel Liberty are getting a better deal...don’t ask me how, just do the maths...

American entertainment and media giant was reported bought 100 per cent of the shares of F1's parent company Delta Topco from the British private equity firm CVC Capital Partners. 
In the deal, Bernie Ecclestone will remain as chief executive but 21st Century Fox vice-chairman Chase Carey will become the new chairman.

Liberty Media, which is owned by American media mogul John Malone, and its sister companies have interests that span from baseball's Atlanta Braves to Virgin Media, and Malone owns shares in ITV, Eurosport and Formula E.
while speaking on the deal, Liberty Media President and Chairman Greg Maffei who looked very happy said:

"We look forward to working closely with Chase Carey and Bernie Ecclestone to support the next phase of growth for this hugely popular global sport."
Ecclestone added: "I would like to welcome Liberty Media and Chase Carey to Formula One and I look forward to working with them."
Liberty Media will initially acquire an 18.7% minority stake before completing a full takeover if the deal is approved by regulators and the FIA.
Carey said: "I am thrilled to take up the role of Chairman of Formula One and have the opportunity to work alongside Bernie Ecclestone, CVC, and the Liberty Media team.
"I greatly admire Formula One as a unique global sports entertainment franchise attracting hundreds of millions of fans each season from all around the world.
"I see great opportunity to help Formula One continue to develop and prosper for the benefit of the sport, fans, teams and investors alike."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PHOTO:Marcus Rashford to hit France for Euro, as England names final Euro 2016 squad

Kylie Jenner Channels 90s Bombshell Pamela Anderson In New Snaps