PHOTO:Liverpool’s striker Daniel Sturridge admits he is not yet 100% and needs more playing time to be more clinical in front of goal

After giving two assist and missing two one-on-one chances with the Leicester City goalkeeper, Daniel Sturridge admits, though he is happy the team won, individually as a player, he needs to contribute more.

The player feels there is need for him to be more clinical in front of goal as a centre-forward. He said:

‘We worked hard, it was important to come out in a new stadium and show the fans we can beat the champions, and perform week in week out at the highest level,’
 ‘For me it is all about making runs, as long as players are making movements and giving you the opportunities.
‘I like to make runs to make space but it was a great run from Mane to make space for me.

‘I was starting as a centre forward, I’m still not as clinical as I should be but I take it on the chin and get on with it.’

Liverpool gave a good performance ,as they ran away with a 4-1 win over Champions Leicester City. Goals from Adam Lallana, Sadio Mane and a brace from Roberto Firmino settled the contest on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits