PHOTO:Solange Knowles just sums up why black people don’t feel safe in “white places”

In her explanation, she detailed just why Black people don't feel safe in white spaces and why Black women are justifiably perceived as "angry" as times. Take a look at what she had to say, below:


We are at an ELECTRONIC and DANCE music concert and you are telling...not asking me...to sit down. In front of my child.
We walk in, and one of my favorite songs, Machine, is on. I'm excited to tell my son about how hip hop sampled Kraftwerk. We are dancing.
We are 4 of about 20 black concert goers out 1500 here.
4 out of maaaybbe 20 out of 1500.
I took my son, his friend, and my husband to see Kraftwerk in New Orleans...
Was very excited to dance and enjoy a band I love.
4 older white women yell to me from behind, "Sit down now" . I tell them I'm dancing at a concert. They yell, "u need to sit down now"...
But in this moment, I'm just going to share my experience...
So that maybe someone will understand, why many of us don't feel safe...
...in many white spaces...

We don't "bring the drama"....

Fix yourself.
Nobody goes to the Kraftwerk show with their kid "looking for "drama"
But that's how u guys like to spin this.
Now back to me & my husbands favorite song
"Autobahn" ....& not giving a fuck about you lovely ladies so mad this lil black girl having fun😘

Peeps try to give POC, a "u can only speak out racism 3 strikes...or U r the problem" card.
Some can kind of trust u the first 3 times...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits