PHOTO: Finally,Gareth Southgate lands the £1.5m-a-year contract England coaching Job, with little or no experience

The English FA in the early hours of today (Wednesday) decided to offer former assistant coach to Big Sam, Gareth Southgate the top English job, after playing a draw with the Spanish national team.


Martin Glenn, chief executive of the FA, said: “Gareth is a really strong candidate and clearly after the last four games his candidacy has become much stronger. Not just based on one or two matches, but because of what we’ve seen over the last couple of years. He continues:

“He’s got renewed confidence and is a different manager to what he was two years ago. So it is not all about assessing him on a few games, you have got to see it more in the round.
“We said all along that Gareth, if he wanted the job, is clearly going to be considered as a strong candidate. We know him and we’ve seen him at close quarters for a couple of years so it helps that he understands how international football works.
“We will take a bit of time to reflect, but hopefully not too long. It’s important that we build the right platform for success in the future. We just need to weigh up all the facts and take the time to make the right decision.”
From all indication, Gareth is the likely candidate as the FA’s five man panel - Howard Wilkinson, Martin Glenn, Dan Ashworth, Greg Clarke and Graeme Le Saux  get sets for the  appointment process.

After the match, Southgate gave an interview to the press, saying: “I have just got to debrief the camp with Dan and I am guessing I am going to be asked my views on lots of different things by whoever is involved in what happens next.
"But that is as much as I know. I have been given this task which I have loved.
“I am proud of what I have done and nobody will ever take that away from me. I am determined to manage at the highest level possible, club, country, home or abroad. Whatever it may be. Experiences like this are a big part of that journey.”

...I really do not think Southgate is the man for the job...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits