PHOTO: Arsene Wenger regrets pushing and arguing with referee, after Burnley were awarded a penalty and his eventual sending off

The Premier League this season has been nothing but drama upon drama, and what happened at the emirate today, was one of such, as Arsenal who looked like they were going to settle for a draw, after a late equalizer from Burnley, some how, got a controversial penalty to snatch all three points to the huge disappointment of the Burnley team....
Arsenal’s manager, Wenger was sent off the touchline, by the referee after pushing fourth official in a protest to the penalty awarded Burnley which they equalized with...
But after his team fought back and were given a penalty which Sanchez took and scored, the manager, seems to have a different  tune, when asked about the game and his attitude towards the end of the match....an embarrassed Wenger, said:

“I regret everything. I should have shut up, gone in and go home. I apologise for that,” said Wenger, who is unlikely to contest any FA charge even though he did suggest he had been harshly dismissed.
“Look, it was nothing bad. I said something that
you hear every day in football. Overall nine times out of ten you are not sent to the stand for that. If I am, I am, and I should have shut up completely.
“I was sent out. I thought I could watch it from the corridor. I went inside and watched it from the corridor.”
Burnley boss Sean Dyche was furious, declaring: “You need the officials to do well and at this level, you can’t get this wrong.
“For the linesman, it looked like an obvious one to me.
“It is hard to take but we just hope for balance over the season.
“But it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. That’s two points against Arsenal we’ve had taken away by decisions.”

“In the end, it is an unlikely win,” admitted Wenger, whose side move second. “When you are 10 against 11 with two minutes to go, it is difficult to win the game but we are a team who keeps going no matter what happens and that is a good quality.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits