PHOTO: Serena makes history, as she becomes the only and first woman to win 23 grand slams in the new Era, after beating Venus 6-4-6-4

Senera Williams made sure what happened last year, did not repeat itself, as swept through her elder sister Venus, 6-4, 6-4 to carry the day. 
The victory makes Serena Williams the only woman in the open Era in Women Tennis history to have won 23 Grand Slams, surpassing that of Steffi  Graf who had 22 to her name....

Venus Williams hope of landing another Grand Slams, was dashed as younger sister,  Serena was never going to allow anything come in between her and history...though they both struggled with their serves, but Serena was able to gather herself, to win the game....

after smashing her racket in the second set, showing her frustration, even while playing with her sister, shows how competitive the Williams sister are....
23 – Serena Williams
22 – Steffi Graf
18 – Chris Evert
18 –Martina Navratilova
11 – Margaret Court (won 13 pre-Open Era)

After winning the game, Serena who was visibly overjoyed said:
 ‘I really would like to take this moment to congratulate Venus. She’s an amazing person,’ 
‘There’s no way I would be at 23 without her. There’s no way I’d be at one without her. She’s my inspiration.
‘She’s the only reason I’m standing here today. She’s the only reason the Williams sisters exist. Thank you for inspiring me. Every time you won this week, I felt like I got a win too.
‘She deserves an incredible round of applause, she’s made an amazing comeback. I definitely think she’ll be standing here next year. I don’t like the world comeback – she never left.’
On her part, Venus Williams who was happy for her sister, said she’s happy for her and her achievements, while saying:
 ‘Congratulations Serena on number 23. I have been right there with you, some of them I lost right there against you. It’s been an awesome win,’ 
‘All those times i couldn’t be there, didn’t get there, you were there. I’m enormously proud of you, you mean the world to me.

‘I am, God willing, would love to come back. Thank you for all the love.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits