PHOTO: Antonio Conte saddened by Cesc Fabregas's comment on Hazard and Messi, saying Hazard has to be ‘selfish’ to be like Messi



Chelsea Manager, Antonio Conte, has said it is very sad to hear his player or footballers wanting another to be selfish in the field of play, so that they can be more ‘successful’ or be like Messi...saying he does not belong to that school of thought...


After their FA Cup semi final triumph over city rival, Spurs, and the brilliant performance from Eden Hazard who came from the bench to give Chelsea the lead, and an assist to give Matic the goal of the season...

...Cesc Fabregas was alleged to have said, for Hazard to be more successful like Messi of Barcelona, the Chelsea star has to be more selfish in the field of play...He said:


‘Ability wise, there is only one player above him and we all know who he is: Messi. Ability-wise he’s up there with the best,’ 

‘I’ve told him many, many times, he needs to be selfish sometimes and have that killer instinct to score more goals and then he will be whatever he wants to be,’

‘I’ve played with many players and sometimes when we have a counter attack and it’s two against two and he passes the ball, I tell him: ‘You have the capability to score by yourself. Do it’.’

Meanwhile, Antonio Conte has responded to Fabregas’s comments, saying:
‘No, absolutely not.
‘Because I don’t think a player like Messi is a selfish player. The first target for every great champion is to play for the team.

‘Put your talent in the team. The best players in the world don’t exist without the team.’
 
‘For me, it’s sad when I listen to this: one player must be more selfish to reach the top level? This is not my ideal of football. 

‘I will never understand this. In my team I don’t want a selfish player, I’d prefer to lose a game than have a selfish player – I don’t want this and won’t accept this, never.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits