PHOTO: Ouch! Counter punch from England, as Tammy Abraham makes a U-turn, pledges his allegiance to England

After the news spread that England U21 and Chelsea striker, Tammy Abraham was going to dump England for Nigeria, after meeting up with the President of Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, Tammy Abraham has debunks such claims.

The on loan Swansea man, was rumoured to have told Pinnick that he is dumping England for Nigeria, and the English social media users wasted no time coming for him and the England FA.

Tammy Abraham seeing the reactions from social media, has since released a statement saying he is yet to make any decision, while also insisting he is available for selection for the English national team. He said:

"I have informed The FA that I remain available for selection for England."

 "Contrary to reports in the media I would like to clarify that I have not agreed to switch my national team allegiance.

"I can confirm I met the President of the NFF after our last game against Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday given he is a friend of my father.

"However, any suggestion that I have made a decision to change my international representation is incorrect and wide of the mark."

 Swansea boss Paul Clement on his part, said:

"Hopefully he stays with the English national team,"

"I'm not sure if he'd be better off career-wise - I'm saying it because I'm English and he's a good English talent, so you want him involved in the national team.

"From my point of view, there will be no influence from me.

"If he wants to ask for advice, of course I'll be there to do it, but I'm sure, between him and his family, he'll make the right decision."

"I haven't spoken to him about that [interest from Nigeria]. I will ask him at some point, but I've got more pressing issues to deal with at the moment than that,"

"Ultimately it's the decision of the player. In some cases they'll make the choice because they see a better opportunity, a chance of playing more regularly at international level.
"In other cases, it's because it's where they believe they're from, representing the country where they were born or where their parents were born and it's in their culture.
"Whatever their reasons are, it's down to the player to decide." he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UFC Star Israel Adesanya Arrested At JFK Airport

Pete Davidson's Mom Marks His 29th Birthday With Throwback Pics

Whittier: Many Injured As Driver Run Into Jogging Law Enforcement Recruits